Valentine's Day


I've always really liked valentine's day, despite it being such a sappy holiday. it's probably the sugar-addict in me talking, but anyway, this year valentine's day meant I had an excuse to try out my new love for baking. 

my original idea was to make little heart cakes that would be strawberry-flavored on the bottom and red velvet on the top. sadly, I didn't spray the tray housing the strawberry cake well enough and it stuck to the pan when I tried to cookie-cut out the heart shapes. in the end, I was able to still make mini-cakes but they were fewer in number and all red velvet! they were finished off with some vanilla frosting, red sprinkles, and strawberry heart-shaped marshmellows,

I also came up with this this vector doodle of birds forming a little heart. the whole thing was done with a pen and shapes tool and then duplicated and mirror-flipped to create symmetry. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author